Welcome to KBFX.NET Thursday, March 30 2017 @ 07:55 AM EEST
KBFX Stable (KBFX Silk 0.4.9.3.1) released
- Wednesday, May 16 2007 @ 09:03 PM EEST
- Contributed by: phobosk
- Views: 2,517
After a long silence from us now we are happy to announce that finally the stable release of KBFX is ready.
We made a lot of changes to the KBFX Configurator and to KBFX Menu itself.
However we were not able to implement everything you proposed and everything we wanted. So some of the features (see the TODO list in the source files) in "KBFX Silk" (0.4.9.3.1) are still not ready. We are sure that they will present in the next stable release which will be due just after KDE4 is released.
The menu itself, however, is fully functional.
Thanks to all of you who gave us ideas and who tested the prerelease versions of KBFX.
When you download and install this version you may report the found bugs HERE or in an email to me at phobosk(at)mail.kbfx.net
We wait for your opinion and reports.
Take a look at the renewed sections of kbfx.net - How To?
We advise all the KBFX theme authors to have a look at the How to create themes for 0.4.9.3 section in order to transform their themes from the old format to the new one ;)
And look at all the documents in the doc folder of the sources.
For additional help on install see INSTALL file in the sources archive.
All the best from your KBFX Team. :)
Note: Things to be considered before installing "KBFX Silk"
1.) To configure and compile "KBFX Silk" you need Cmake >= 2.4.2
2.) To configure, compile and install "KBFX Silk" simply run ./build.sh
3.) Before the install of "KBFX Silk", please unload and uninstall any previous version of KBFX.
4.) After the install of "KBFX Silk" please relogin KDE.
5.) If you need file searching capabilities in KBFX, please download and install Strigi
6.) To enable Strigi support in KBFX, please pass --strigi OR -s option to build.sh i.e: ./build.sh --strigi
1.) Flash Demo
2.) User's Guide
3.) Strigi Install Guide
The Skin Spec for KBFX Silk has undergone radical changes!
Many of the themes on kde-look.org might not work!
We encourage theme authors to update their skins or make new ones.
For help on that see here
The Changelog is as follows:
- CHANGED layout and font configfile specs
- UPDATED help documentation
- ADDED fade transition effect on the KBFX Button
- ADDED install guides for using checkinstall
- ADDED Hungarian translation (thanks to Ferenc Stelcz for it)
- ADDED option to watch for KDE global changes like new installed applications
- ADDED option for Theme Info
- ADDED resizable configuration dialogs
- ADDED drag&drop hover, pressed and normal images over the KBFX button
- ADDED tooltip support for the KBFX button
- ADDED switch between KBFX and K Menu
- ADDED new two panel skin - "2panels"
- ADDED configurable middle background - middleboxbg.png
- ADDED fonts support in every part of the menu
- ADDED layout support in the KBFX Configurator
- ADDED support for the new versions of strigi
- ADDED support for use of strigi in Gentoo
- ADDED support for SVN version in Gentoo
- ADDED support for PCLinuxOS rpm build (thanks to @PaGal and @tom777 for the testing)
- ADDED support for future KDE4 (part 1)
- ADDED uninstall option for "build.sh" script
- FIXED cmake uninstall
- FIXED RPM .la issues
- FIXED some major bugs
- REMOVED Water effect (too much CPU time consuming and not a favorite one for our users)
Trackback URL for this entry: